airplayer worked only a few seconds

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

airplayer worked only a few seconds

Postby broodrooster » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi there,
Just purchased the Airplayer app and managed to configure so I could approach my Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive.

The first time I tried the app I selected an Mp4 file, it played ok for the first couple of seconds and then it went into slow motion. I tried stopping the player and restarted and after selecting an MP4 file on my NAS a second time the loading icon just keeps spinning and does not load anything anymore. I can play Mp3 files on my Iomega NAS with Airplayer app.

I tried upping my cache to 20 Mb and I tried all three different pluggins (default-quicktime-FFmpeg). My Iphone 4 has about 1Gb of free space.

Sometimes I just leave it icon spinning and then the app crashes.

Hope somebody could advise me where to find a solution, would be much appreciated.

Warmest regards to you all,
Andy
broodrooster
Beignner
Beignner

Re: airplayer worked only a few seconds

Postby admin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:00 am

broodrooster wrote:Hi there,
Just purchased the Airplayer app and managed to configure so I could approach my Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive.

The first time I tried the app I selected an Mp4 file, it played ok for the first couple of seconds and then it went into slow motion. I tried stopping the player and restarted and after selecting an MP4 file on my NAS a second time the loading icon just keeps spinning and does not load anything anymore. I can play Mp3 files on my Iomega NAS with Airplayer app.

I tried upping my cache to 20 Mb and I tried all three different pluggins (default-quicktime-FFmpeg). My Iphone 4 has about 1Gb of free space.

Sometimes I just leave it icon spinning and then the app crashes.

Hope somebody could advise me where to find a solution, would be much appreciated.

Warmest regards to you all,
Andy

for non-native media format, such as mkv suggest to enable ffmpeg in the settings page
is there any transcoding settings in your server side? close it if it has.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby broodrooster » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

It is not MKV but MP4. Checked the twonkymedia server (v 5.1.6), no transcoding is enabled. I could actually only enable 'Rescale and convert pictures to JPEG', nothing with the video files.

Please advise, thank you
broodrooster
Beignner
Beignner

Postby broodrooster » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:02 pm

I still have not managed to get the app working. Please advise, thank you.
broodrooster
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu May 02, 2013 2:17 am

broodrooster wrote:I still have not managed to get the app working. Please advise, thank you.

is it possible to let us access it from here? post us your server infomation, maybe port mapping needed.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby broodrooster » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Thank Admin for taking the time to reply. Apologies for my delayed reply.

I am still experiencing the same problem but don't really feel comfortable opening up the hard drive with all my stuff on to a forum on the www.

Is there anyway we could do this with some instructions or do you have a guide on your website to do this?

many thanks once again.

Regards to you all
broodrooster
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:11 am

ok, if so, can you test the file in oplayer, so we can make sure whether this is a decoding issue or network issue.
oplayer has lite version, you can try it freely.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]