MyBookWorld local network manual setup

AirPlayer is an application for streaming video*, music*, photo* from UPnP/DLNA media servers to your Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad.

MyBookWorld local network manual setup

Postby Matthews » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:54 am

Trying to access files on my Western Digital MyBookWorld Edition...

It's not recognised automatically and I've not had any luck when trying to add it manually.

Not looking to be able to access away from home - only when on my local wifi network.

Any help appreciated, cheers.
Matthews
Beignner
Beignner

Re: MyBookWorld local network manual setup

Postby admin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:49 am

have you enabled upnp/dlna in your server side?
and make sure your nas and airplayer connects to the same folder.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Matthews » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:40 am

Thanks, I have enabled upnp and configured the Twonky server to show all my media and these play really well on my iPhone but for some reason I can only get the audio going through my Apple TV - cant see any video, any suggestions?!
Matthews
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:36 am

Matthews wrote:Thanks, I have enabled upnp and configured the Twonky server to show all my media and these play really well on my iPhone but for some reason I can only get the audio going through my Apple TV - cant see any video, any suggestions?!

enable airplay mirroring in the task bar of your iphone.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Matthews » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Sorted... Thanks. Working well with pretty much all file types now!

A couple of quick observations though... It seems as though I have to make sure airplay mirroring is turned on before opening up the airplayer app otherwise all I get is a plain white screen on my TV.

The airplayer app never appears on the TV when mirroring, only on iPhone screen even if I have enabled mirroring before opening it - not really a big deal.

Is there a way to use airplay without mirroring as with the default iphone video playing app and .mp4 videos?! The mirroring seems to work well but compared to the other method it really eats iphone battery life!

Only minor gripes though as this is the first and only app I have found that can reliably use my iphone to stream any video format from my nas to my Apple TV so top marks for that!
Matthews
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:42 am

Matthews wrote:Sorted... Thanks. Working well with pretty much all file types now!

A couple of quick observations though... It seems as though I have to make sure airplay mirroring is turned on before opening up the airplayer app otherwise all I get is a plain white screen on my TV.

The airplayer app never appears on the TV when mirroring, only on iPhone screen even if I have enabled mirroring before opening it - not really a big deal.

Is there a way to use airplay without mirroring as with the default iphone video playing app and .mp4 videos?! The mirroring seems to work well but compared to the other method it really eats iphone battery life!

Only minor gripes though as this is the first and only app I have found that can reliably use my iphone to stream any video format from my nas to my Apple TV so top marks for that!

if the file is in mp4 and encoded with h.264, try to use quicktime plugin in the settings page, then you needn't do use mirroring.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to AirPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]