PiP Mode closes window when play next video

OPlayer plays almost any file formats in your iDevice, no need to spend several hours to convert your videos.

PiP Mode closes window when play next video

Postby bfarber » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:00 pm

I'm using OPlayer on iPad Mini 2 and my favorite feature is PiP mode (that Apple removed from iPad Mini 2/3 in iOS 11). I use this function mainly to play music clips and when OPlayer goes to next video, PiP window closes. I need to give focus to player and back again to what I am doing. How can I solve this?
bfarber
Beignner
Beignner

Re: PiP Mode closes window when play next video

Postby admin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:32 am

thanks for your information, we will check it here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby strawberryshortcake » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:33 pm

Has this been addressed? Will there be a fix? I also use the picture in picture function to watch tv sitcoms and immediately after each episode in pip mode, the OPlayer would no longer remain on top when the next episode begins. Instead, I must minimize everything with ipad’s home button, then tap the oplayer app to restore the pip function.

When this feature is addressed and working, I will finally buy my first video player with all the fixings for $8.99. But until, I’ll stick with the free lite version.
strawberryshortcake
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:55 am

strawberryshortcake wrote:Has this been addressed? Will there be a fix? I also use the picture in picture function to watch tv sitcoms and immediately after each episode in pip mode, the OPlayer would no longer remain on top when the next episode begins. Instead, I must minimize everything with ipad’s home button, then tap the oplayer app to restore the pip function.

When this feature is addressed and working, I will finally buy my first video player with all the fixings for $8.99. But until, I’ll stick with the free lite version.

the iPhoneX adapt edition just been submitted to apple for review, we will back to your issue in the next update of HD edition.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby strawberryshortcake » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:51 pm

admin wrote:
strawberryshortcake wrote:Has this been addressed? Will there be a fix? I also use the picture in picture function to watch tv sitcoms and immediately after each episode in pip mode, the OPlayer would no longer remain on top when the next episode begins. Instead, I must minimize everything with ipad’s home button, then tap the oplayer app to restore the pip function.

the iPhoneX adapt edition just been submitted to apple for review, we will back to your issue in the next update of HD edition.

Fantastic and curious. Has this feature already been coded and will actually be released in the next update, OR are you simply going to work on it? If it’s ready to go, when is the expected timeline?
strawberryshortcake
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:28 am

strawberryshortcake wrote:
admin wrote:

Fantastic and curious. Has this feature already been coded and will actually be released in the next update, OR are you simply going to work on it? If it’s ready to go, when is the expected timeline?

new year holiday is coming, I think in the middle of the Mar.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby strawberryshortcake » Thu May 24, 2018 8:50 am

admin wrote:new year holiday is coming, I think in the middle of the Mar.

What’s the difference between upgrading the free oplayer fully for $8.99 vs the $4.99 oplayer hd?

I’ve been checking to see if the app has updated to include a search function, pip mode that remains on top as the next video file starts and because no updated has been implemented, I decided to run a search for something else.

And I finally found a player, well to be exact a completely free file manager (documents by readdle), that allows me to do both. I can now search, retrieve and play a specific video file (i.e. you’ve got mail) in a few seconds. No more scrolling. And more importantly the pip remains on top. Plus now I can manage my photos, pdfs, documents etc all with this one free app.

The only thing missing from the player is hand gesture to increase/decrease volume and alter brightness.

I guess that means I just saved $8.99 and now I no longer have to worry about an ad banner. Would have most likely bought the oplayer app had both of these features been implemented. The oplayer is still a solid app. The wait is just longer than I expect, plus I still don’t know when it’s going to be implemented.

HOWEVER, I still would be possibly interested in buying the oplayer (if the above features are implemented) is because I can turn off the screen with the ipad power button and the video would still be playing. This works in fullscreen but once the video goes into pip mode, turning off the ipad and the video stops playing. There should be an option built in so it continues to play even in pip mode when the ipad screen is turned off.
strawberryshortcake
Beignner
Beignner

Postby admin » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:07 am

OPlayerHD Lite+Remove ads == OPlayer HD

we will sure check whether we can do this in the future update.

strawberryshortcake wrote:
admin wrote:new year holiday is coming, I think in the middle of the Mar.

What’s the difference between upgrading the free oplayer fully for $8.99 vs the $4.99 oplayer hd?

I’ve been checking to see if the app has updated to include a search function, pip mode that remains on top as the next video file starts and because no updated has been implemented, I decided to run a search for something else.

And I finally found a player, well to be exact a completely free file manager (documents by readdle), that allows me to do both. I can now search, retrieve and play a specific video file (i.e. you’ve got mail) in a few seconds. No more scrolling. And more importantly the pip remains on top. Plus now I can manage my photos, pdfs, documents etc all with this one free app.

The only thing missing from the player is hand gesture to increase/decrease volume and alter brightness.

I guess that means I just saved $8.99 and now I no longer have to worry about an ad banner. Would have most likely bought the oplayer app had both of these features been implemented. The oplayer is still a solid app. The wait is just longer than I expect, plus I still don’t know when it’s going to be implemented.

HOWEVER, I still would be possibly interested in buying the oplayer (if the above features are implemented) is because I can turn off the screen with the ipad power button and the video would still be playing. This works in fullscreen but once the video goes into pip mode, turning off the ipad and the video stops playing. There should be an option built in so it continues to play even in pip mode when the ipad screen is turned off.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to OPlayer Problems and Solutions [iPhone/iPad]